Got the clutch working.

bwillett

Pulled the engine after some discussion with my mechanic friend. Ground the edge of the pressure plate so it would slide into the flywheel with out binding, reinstalled the pressure plate and the fingers looked better, as in they were farther away from the clutch surface than when we started. Checked everything in the bell housing for correct fit and alignment. pulled the clutch release bearing carrier to see why it was binding. The clip that holds the carrier and the forks together was too tight on the fork and would not let it work. Changed the clip out for the old one and it worked......Put the engine back in and could not get the bellhousing within 1/4 inch of the back of the engine. Looked at the clutch and the fingers of the pressure plate were holding it out. Ran them in and bolted up the engine to the bell housing, re-adjusted the fingers to the proper gap, and it is all good...
Now to get the rest of the tractor back together...... Back on it Monday.

And, before I forget, I want to thank mswartz, rrLund, Old, ramblineagle, Aaron SEIA, charlesleddy, Ifnel, Cheesehead Fred, and 4wdTom, for your help, and suggestions, you guys helped me to look at the problem from a couple of different angles.......Be ready, for I will probably have more questions before this is all over.....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back