Grandpa Love

roy prins

Hey Grandpa got a Question for You and any other A-Farmall experts. I have an A farmall with a bad block -- will a B Farmall engine fit in the A , and will the hydraulic pump and front cover fit the B block? all comments are welcome -- thanks for now! Roy

Farmall A/B blocks are the same but both didn't have hyds. The Super A has hyds. The Farmall BA I built form A and B parts tractors has a B block with A engine guts the front end of a B and the transmission back of an A Or in other words from the transmission forward other then engine internals it is a B and from the transmission back it is an A

The B engine will fit the A, but the hydraulic pump mount is part of the block casting, and a stock B engine does not have that.

There are all kinds of weird corner cases where an A or B would have an engine block with the pump mount. For example, I am fairly certain that some of the last A's, and possibly B's made in 1947 came off the line with a Super A engine block and a cover over the hole. A savvy owner may have recognized this and added the pump and a hydraulic system.

Far more likely that if you have the pump, you have a Super A. Do you have the hydraulic arms under the fuel tank? You have a Super A.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back