Grass board for a No 5 JD mower needed

Alan K

Does anyone have a grass board for a number 5 JD sickle mower or at least the bracket for the stick and a pattern for the metal plate? Were the boards painted? If so what color? Thank you.

I don't have a number but here are a picture and drawing of how to make one.

cvphoto112249.png

cvphoto112250.png

While this would not be a true JD grass board TSC last I knew sold a universal grass board that will fit on that. I've used them on more then one sickle bar mower

I have some for sale. All vary a little. One is hand made out of plywood with an added metal strap running the length as can be seen in the photos. One has a crack in the board near the mounting end. Best wood seems to be in the painted board. Only one has the grass bar. The boards measure from 33 to 34 long. Email is open if you have comments or questions.

cvphoto112255.jpg

I also have a complete pitman with bushing drive end and all the components on the attaching end. Approx. 42 long. Wood is not very good. Email is open for comments or questions.

cvphoto112256.jpg

[b:654c4848f0][i:654c4848f0]a pattern for the metal plate[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0]

Take a look at the photo below of the approximate measurements for the plate.

cvphoto112316.jpg

Take a look at the photo below of the approximate measurements for the grassboard.

cvphoto112318.jpg

Hope this helps.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back