Half Century of Progress show 2023

glennster

Half Century show is August 24-27 at the old Chanute Air Force base in rantoul illinois. reservations are now open for golf cart rental. Kruser, JohnT , and i will be there friday. here is a link for show information
Half Century of Progress

sounds about right, JohnT should chime in and confirm the official meeting time. Kruser is supposed to bring bail money this year in case we get out of hand!

I'm planning on driving the tractor and camper to the show on Wednesday the 165 miles like the last two shows I made with the Ford 6000 and the Farmall 560. Using a JD 4020 Powershift this time.

This is for Kruser if he still around . How your Daughter doing ?
Haven t heard from you or about you for some time . Hope that everything is going a ok for you & Family .

AZpeapicker

Thanks,I just called and made cart reservation for Fri and Sat.......$200,,whew I took a garden tractor last time and ran out of gas on the far side of the field,,Now if we can get John T to be under the flag when he says he will............................LOL

I did my stretch in Rantoul in the 70s. Never had a desire to go back. To many corn fields for me.

Thing that stuck in my mind about that area. If you went to a bar and you were 18; 19; or 20 you had to wear a wrist ban that advertised your age because you were only allowed to drink 3.5 beer. Coming from a state where the legal drinking age at the time was 18 a bars stayed open 24 hours a day this was all a new experience for me.

I was TDY there for a school in'62
I've been an Illinois resident all my life and I can't EVER remember being able to drink anything under 21.

i talk to kruzer a lot via computer. molly did get married and i think they live somewhere around springfield or so. she and husband are on a farm and she has critters everywhere! maybe they will see us at half century!

I hope to be under the big flag at 11:00 sharp (prob Fri and Sat maybe Thurs) same as past years in my JD Green Golf Cart, Good Lord willin and the creeks dont rise, its the MOTHER LODE OF WORKING TRACTOR SHOWS with plenty of Prairie Tractors.

John T

Wellllllllll the ONLY reason I may have been late once was because the darn Fair Queen was all over me and yall cant hold that against me now right ?????

John T
cvphoto151721.jpg

cvphoto151722.jpg

oldsarge,

I grew up in Illinois too and remember it the way you said.
In the late '50s girls could buy beer to go at age 18. Never thought that was right but it was handy on the way to a drive-in movie.

You guys got me thinking Im going senile and can not remember things correctly.

While I said 18 to 20 I see it was really only 19 and 20 year olds. I also said 3.5 beer but the more I think about it it was really 3.2 beer. The link just says beer and wine but i am sure we could not get full strength beer. I was 19 at the time so that is why I just assumed it included 18 year olds.

cvphoto151729.png

I went to college at Vincennes and its right on the Wabash. Heard stories about collage kids would walk over to Ill and drink at 19, Indiana is 21.

I knew a man in college from Richmond, In.
I think he said the same about Ohio having a lower drinking age, 3.2 beer.
3.2 beer got its name. Drink 3 beers and pee 2x.

I can top all of these under age drinking stories......When we were 16 we got served beer at I believe was the Palm Gardens in Bretzville Indiana out on the outdoor patio on summer nights, Dubois County German heritage was known for its drinking .....No warranty as to exact name and place I believe it was there BUT WE WERE SERVED BEER I know that for sure lol

John T

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back