I plan on getting the screws and washers as recommended below (on this site) to replace my head bolts. Question is - do the torque specs change because of the washers? If so what would they be?
Secondly I had 15 bolts and 3 studs with nuts - can I replace them all with these screws?
Thanks...
[color=darkblue:25c91c2309]
[b:25c91c2309]
"The OEM bolt was 7/16-14 x 2 3/8 grade 8. Good luck finding that size bolt in 2 3/8". So, replace the OEM bolts with 7/16" -14x2&1/2" yellow zinc finish SAE j429 grade 8 Hex Cap screws Part # 0115163 from Fastenal for $0.89 each. Use flat washers 7/16" yellow zinc finish SAE thru-hardened from Fastenal Part # 1133816 for $0.19 each. "[/b:25c91c2309][/color:25c91c2309][/b]
Secondly I had 15 bolts and 3 studs with nuts - can I replace them all with these screws?
Thanks...
[color=darkblue:25c91c2309]
[b:25c91c2309]
"The OEM bolt was 7/16-14 x 2 3/8 grade 8. Good luck finding that size bolt in 2 3/8". So, replace the OEM bolts with 7/16" -14x2&1/2" yellow zinc finish SAE j429 grade 8 Hex Cap screws Part # 0115163 from Fastenal for $0.89 each. Use flat washers 7/16" yellow zinc finish SAE thru-hardened from Fastenal Part # 1133816 for $0.19 each. "[/b:25c91c2309][/color:25c91c2309][/b]