Heisler live power hand clutch on a Farmall M help neede

Pirlbeck

Working on Grandpa's M Farmall for a young man and the control lever for the Heisler live power hand clutch is missing. If you have one on a tractor some pictures of it to use to fabricate one would be a big help unless you know where one is that is for sale. From pictures I found there appears to be 2 different style levers, mine is the style that pivots with a ball socket in the top of the live power clutch housing. The other style pivoted on a shaft that had a bracket attached to it that bolted to the top of the rear end cover.

Also looking for service info, parts breakdown or any other printed information on this pretty rare add on would be appreciated.

I am in the process of tearing this down and have it part of the way apart and am down to removing the brake drum. I looks to use a snap ring to retain the brake drum on the drive bull pinion drive shaft, but I have the snap ring removed and the drum seems pretty tight to the shaft and I don't want to break the drum by getting too forceful with it. I am not sure if this is the way it is meant to come apart or not, anyone have any info the would be of help with this?

A search on this site for Heisler turned up a post where a member here by the name of Nebraska Kirk said he dealt in parts for these Heisler live power unit, anyone know if he is still around and how to contact him?
Thanks!

Delta Red indicated a few months ago that he had one (I think) on a parts M. He will look at this I am sure. I have not seen
Nebraska Kirk sign in for a long time. Jim

I have an extra M&W LPTO hand clutch.However it is also missing it's handle.I also have a complete clutch on my good Super m that I am considering removing to sell.I would sell both.But Im in western Colorado so frieght would be prohibitive.If you want to talk,call 970 417 1178.

I have the 'books' for the M&W.Parts,owners manual/installation instructions,and sales brochure.All ,Xeroxed copys from the factory.

Let me know if you need to talk to Kirk,Ill send him a text.(as long as he
still has the same number)

I am still around and still visit this site frequently even though I dont post much. The original poster has been in contact with me and as it so happens I do have a Heisler hand clutch on hand. Some posters mention the M&W hand clutch, but this fellow is working on a Heisler hand clutch. It accomplishes the same result in the same way as the M&W, but it was made by a different company and is a different design and no parts interchange. The Heisler clutch seems to not be as common as the M&W. I have only ever had one Heisler clutch in my possession, but have had about a dozen M&W clutches in my possession over the years and still have a bunch of M&W clutch parts in stock.

(quoted from post at 20:37:01 12/14/21) I am still around and still visit this site frequently even though I dont post much. The original poster has been in contact with me and as it so happens I do have a Heisler hand clutch on hand. Some posters mention the M&W hand clutch, but this fellow is working on a Heisler hand clutch. It accomplishes the same result in the same way as the M&W, but it was made by a different company and is a different design and no parts interchange. The Heisler clutch seems to not be as common as the M&W. I have only ever had one Heisler clutch in my possession, but have had about a dozen M&W clutches in my possession over the years and still have a bunch of M&W clutch parts in stock.

Nebraska Kirk, or anyone that might be able to help.. We found this thread and am in need of any information/knowledge and parts and/or the full asembly for our 1945 Farmall M that happens to have the Heisler Clutch. Ours went out and our mechanic informed us this was rare to have. My other half is going crazy trying to find anything on it now, all companies told us to search forums for help aa not many people have knowledge on these.. I ran across this thread and thought I would reach out and see if anyone could help us THANK YOU in advance

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back