Help Identifying 135

gd0858

New User
I just spoke with a sales rep from Yesterday's Tractors, and we were both stumped regarding the rear end on my Massey 135. I had assumed based on the rest of the setup that this is a vineyard model, however the rear housing assembly is narrower like an orchard, and the house looks a bit different from what is shown in the parts book.

Any thoughts based on these photos?

[/img]

This post was edited by gd0858 on 02/13/2023 at 01:29 pm.

photos
mvphoto102444.jpg

mvphoto102445.jpg

mvphoto102449.jpg

I believe the rear ends were a bit different. Different axle housings, and the vineyard came with drum brakes whereas the orchard came with disc.

cvphoto147450.jpg

cvphoto147451.jpg

Hey gd0858 is there three different part numbers for rear axle housings and axles etc. I know my 135 is a lot wider housings than you pictures are showing and it has band style brakes. It is a diesel with diff lock. Thanks.

There is nothing like those rear axle housings in any of the MF parts books (in the U.S. or UK). They are probably modified by a aftermarket company for vineyard use (they used to do some strange stuff).
mvphoto102547.jpg

I also posted this question to the MF135 facebook group. I received one suggestion that it could
be a Landini rear from Italy. Would that make sense with the serial number having and I in it?
Would this indicate it was manufactured in Italy? I had a guy in the UK respond that he has the
same rear in his Italian manufactured MF135.

Another response I received was that it's a French built 133 vineyard rear end (or possibly the
entire tractor is a 133?). That was suggested based off the side gearbox and diff housing
numbers that I sent to him. Photos below. Any thoughts regarding this? The diff number does have
133 in it, but I haven't been able to reference it.

I also received a response from a guy in the midwest who has the same rear on the vineyard model
manufactured in Detroit, and has seen these same rears in MF135s on vineyards and orchards from
Michigan across to NY, so I guess mine cannot be too unique.

The responses seemed to suggest that this is definitely a vineyard model tractor, rear axle
housings/trumpets that are different than the standard vineyard model (or at least what is shown
in the parts books.

cvphoto147647.jpg

cvphoto147648.jpg

I'm seeing 5 different rear axle configurations in my parts manual, and clearly there were more used on the 135. 2 orchard configurations (inboard brakes), 1 vineyard, and two stand axle's (one with and one w/o diff lock).

Here are photos of the parts numbers for the stand axle with diff lock.

cvphoto147649.jpg

cvphoto147650.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back