HOMEMADE CATTLE PROD

ldj

I made a homemade cattle prod using a model T coil. I have the contacts that touch the cattle about 1/4" apart and they make a nice blue spark. I notice the bought ones the contacts are a inch or more apart. On the bought ones if you pull the trigger will it make a spark between the contacts? I go walking and use this for the dog problem in my little town and it works real good. I haven't had the same dog come at me again.

(quoted from post at 13:08:41 02/26/23) I made a homemade cattle prod using a model T coil. I have the contacts that touch the cattle about 1/4" apart and they make a nice blue spark. I notice the bought ones the contacts are a inch or more apart. On the bought ones if you pull the trigger will it make a spark between the contacts? I go walking and use this for the dog problem in my little town and it works real good. I haven't had the same dog come at me again.
o spark on the 1 inch commercial units.

Years ago my, now passed, uncle had a trenching business and one of his pet peeves was dogs using his truck tires as a fire hydrant. To re-train and re-direct them, he rigged a commercial hot-shot up to the truck battery, attached one lead to the frame/body and the other lead to a weight he could lower to the ground from the cab. All he had to do was lower the weight, flip the switch, and wait for the dog to complete the circuit. Reportedly it worked very well, only took one training session before the dogs understood what not to do.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back