Hydraulics on earlier DC

mschwartz

With the post about the early eagle hitch tractors below I was also wondering about factory hydraulic. Was 1949 the first year for factory hydraulics? Can the motor lift of the earlier tractors be swapped out for the hydraulics of the newer tractors? I have parts tractor with newer non live hydraulic and wonder if it could be put on 1948 tractor, hydraulic would be handier than the motor lift for me. Thanks, Mike

I do believe 49 was the first year for hydraulics on the SC and DC. Not a simple task but I don't see why you couldn't swap the power lift for the hydraulic lift. I think Case made a hydraulic conversion kit for the power lift tractors.

Yes. Housing has same bolt pattern. Biggest issue might be PTO shaft. Should be long enough if you have motor lift. If not you have to switch it.

When I was about 12-14 years old (73 now) my Dad bought a newer SC for parts that had the hydraulic cylinder and cultivator lift arms. He swapped it for the original mechanical lift system that came from the factory on the 1941 Case SC. I do remember using the hydraulic lift to cultivate corn for the next several years.
I can't remember if there were any extra parts he needed, but I doubt it. The hydraulic lift is on the tractor now and still works just fine.

PTO shaft needs to be changed with the hyd unit. All direct bolt on parts. DC parts fit CC also. SC fits SC only.

Ok thanks for the info. Does a DC PTO shaft remove the same as an SC? Helped remove one for a friend to get the larger six spline and it felt like we nearly dismantled the entire tractor getting the shaft out, split at the clutch and removed the top cover? Thanks

Don't know about an SC but a DC you do not have to split at the engine, the top cap over the front PTO shaft bearing comes off easily, the front shaft snap ring is a bear but doable, my guess it can be done through the clutch cover openings. However, I have never done an SC.

This post was edited by mEl on 12/14/2022 at 12:04 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back