I never saw a bale wagon like this Kemper wagon!!

JDseller

I was on YouTube and this video came up. It is baling straw with a David Brown 990 pulling a Wagner small square baler. The a fellow with a DD 875 tractor and a Kemper small square bale wagon picks up the bales. This wagon is neat as heck.
Baleing small square bales of straw

I imagine the wagon is a boar"s nest when it comes to a breakdown...like in the middle of the wagon. Fun to watch tho, reminds me of a carnival ride. Thanks for posting!

That has to be the most impressive contraption I have seen in a good while!
I just wonder how much loss of material happens. Looks like too mush for me.

I'll bet you use a tube of grease on that things getting it ready to go to the field. Pretty slick but you still need extra help. With my skid steer attachment I don't need to handle them.

Wow.

By the time I could afford whatever that thing is, it would be so worn out I wouldn't want it. Repair nightmare. Wonder how tolerant it is of odd sized bales, busted bales, or how that could jam things up?

But, wow. That is thinking outside the box, whatever that is.

Paul

John if you look at the mover it has a ramp/chute on the back side that looks like it folds out for the bales to slide down.

Definitely thinking outside the box. Bet it cost a pant load. The bales of straw must be light. I notice the guy unloading uses one hand and tosses them. Wonder why they aren't putting the straw under roof?

Did the tractor on the baler jerk every time the plunger on the baler compressed the straw?

We had an old gismo attached to the side of our flat bed truck that would pick up the hay or straw and deliver it 4 bales high. We thought that was neat, but very old school. I was the driver and my brothers were on the truck. I was just a kid and lucky to reach the gas peddle on the truck. Sometimes in granny the truck would jerk a little and my brothers would yell a lot. Dad ran the baler

I've had so many break downs this hay season I wouldn't have even pulled that thing out of the barn! It would be a big wadded up heap of chain and steel by the end of my day!

Odd sized bales wouldn't be an issue but I could see busted bales making it jam up pretty good.

I was also pretty impressed by the baler.

Wow, that almost looks more like a carnival ride than a bale wagon. And I thought our 1010 NH balewagon was a pain some days lol.

First thought: Neat, but a repairman's nightmare! The Europeans really come up with some innovative ideas, don't they?

That baler is chomping down the straw at a pretty decent rate.

Very cool but...

We have enough trouble with straight elevators - can't even imagine trying to fix that thing when it's full of bales.

You'd have to light it on fire to burn all the hay out before you could work on it!

I wish they had made something like that 60 or so years ago. Realistically, Dad would never have bought one anyway - he had me.

(quoted from post at 03:14:25 08/03/15) The bales of straw must be light. I notice the guy unloading uses one hand and tosses them.

Some people can carry two bales at a time.

Not me.

It looks like a pretty slick rig... and I think probably a fairly simple one too. I'm not sure what activates the chain... but really all it is... is a chain on a slide. I do think bale length would be fairly important tho given some of the turns the bales get dragged around. I've seen other video of that machine unloading directly onto an elevator and dropping them into a loft, basically unassisted. It would have been quite the rig in it's day.

Rod

Thanks for posting JD. Quite a machine. The first thing I think I would do is tighten down that baler and make about 20 percent less bales. I have baled many thousands of bales with a big New Holland baler and a automatic bale wagon and it always worked better the tighter and more solid the bales were.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back