ih 284 points and condenser numbers

deene

So i called my local oreillys today and usually they can find what i need, there are a cpl older guys there and if no i can go look it up in the book for them. I
called today for points and condenser and they have no listing in the book (i havent been to look yet) and the computer shows the tractor with a mazda engine but no
ignition parts available. Does anyone have the parts number or perhaps even better the model engine i could cross over to a mazda car or truck?
Thanks for any advice and help.

Here is a link to the distributor page in the online parts book at MyCNHi Store, so you can get the Case/IH part numbers. Some vendor listings for the 284 reference distributor numbers the tune up parts fit. I wasn't able to cross the Case/IH numbers to Standard.

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...56875BD6/2FCD6496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

Tractor Data says it is a Mazda M4-71G.

This site's store has tune up parts for it.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 08/19/2023 at 04:29 pm.

(quoted from post at 18:30:35 08/19/23) why would you not remove the points and go shopping ?

Most parts stores won't do that anymore. The time spent at $15/hr looking for your $5 points is a loss of $10 if they only spend one hour going through boxes with you hoping for a random match. Plus that employee is tied up with you and can't help other customers.

They're not going to let you behind the counter anymore either because too many pigs just tear the place apart looking for that random match, and for liability reasons. You pull a box of brake rotors down on your head (intentionally?), they get sued for $1,000,000.

Nope, you bring your make, model, year, engine, trim level with you, or they can't help you. IH hardly sold any 284's so it's not surprising that they aren't in a lot of books. I bet they'd sell like hotcakes now with the compact tractor craze.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back