IH B414 Stuck in Reverse

natz

New User
Hi,

This is my first post on here, having recently inherited a rather old and (previously) unloved B414.

It's been sitting in a shed for the past ~15 years without moving and had a few issues before it was retired. So far we've replaced a leaking water pump, water pipes and belts and managed to get it starting as well as it did before it went for its long sleep.

Before it was left in the shed there were some issues with the clutch/gear box, but it never got stuck in gear.

I tested the gear box for the first time last week and I was finding it difficult to get the tractor in gear, but finally managed to get it in reverse, however I then could not get it out.

So the tractor is now stuck in reverse, the clutch appears to be doing nothing and I can't get it back in neutral. :(

Has anyone else come across this problem before and/or can give me any advice on this? Basic language would be helpful as I haven't worked on tractors before and only have some knowledge of old cars.

Thanks

Natalie

Could be bushings and or clip for reverse idler gear in transmission. If so you got to
split it. Somone posted the ih numbers for the bushings like two pages ago. I made
ours In the lathe.
Thanks,
Randy

Is the clutch not releasing(disengaging),therefore allowing pressure not to be released from the transmission?Maybe you could rock the tractor rearward,engine off, while trying to get it back into neutral.See if your clutch is adjusted properly,some freeplay in pedal.Also is the tractor trying to move when the clutch is depressed?The clutch disc could be rusted to the flywheel.Mark

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back