IH side delivery rake, model 5 or 15? (needing a part)

Grover-MN

New User
I have an IH side delivery rake that needs a part for the tine bar drive end. I have to find a "retired" rake to scavenge, no dealers even know what the model is. I think I have a 5 or a 15, IH 10", 4-bar, side delivery rake...on rubber tires, 2-15" on the front and 2 wheelbarrow size trailers. The rake is all rusted and there is no plate I can find giving the model number. Most of the parts have a number stamped on them, including the one I need, so if I can advertise the right model number, maybe someone out there has what I need in their boneyard. I can"t seem to find any info about the model on the net or calling dealers/salvage yards. I saw a picture yesterday on the internet of an IH rake that was labeled a Model 5 L-W? that was real close to what I have. Any help appreciated.

Grover;
I dont believe you have a #15. A #15 is a roll bar rake with 5 bars, a long frame with a tongue jack and 2 15" wheels in line in back. With a solid drive axel. A #35 has the shorter frame like a NH #56.
If you might be interested? I have a #15, rusty but it worked the last time I used it. I have retired from farming 4 years ago. And I still have most of my equipment. It is located 32 mile East of lafayette IN.
Dale

Sounds like the #5 I used to own. Saw a manual at the flea market at Mid Iowa on Friday. Didn't buy it.

Gerald J.

Sounds like the one I have and still use (raked today with it). Pretty sure it is a #5. Long tougue, 15" wheels on front, and (if memory serves) 4.00-9 split rims on rear. Dad always called them 'crazy wheels' as they swiveled. Neighbor bought this rake new along with a #45 baler. Baler is long since gone (good riddance), but rake lives on. Good luck with your part seach.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back