I'm thinking of buying another portable generator.

Spend some time looking at some repair videos on the consumer generac standby units. You will see the many deficient areas they skimped on to hit a price/profit point. For the average consumer, if they have a decent installer/maintainer they are probably passable, but there are far better options available.

As noted the Kohler units have a much better reputation but are still cheapened to hit a consumer price point. If you are going to invest in a whole house unit, especially a larger one, consider the bottom end of the Kohler commercial line with liquid cooled engines. Those units are far better built and will last.

You might get lucky.

We have a Kubota dealer here in west central Florida.

The nearest dealer that services Kubota generators is in South Carolina.

There are TWO! generator sales and service dealers near you.
70 miles away and 115 miles away.

This post was edited by DoubleO7 on 07/03/2023 at 03:11 pm.

You have stated that you are happy with your tractor so ckeck your local dealer out. Kubota makes a good generator too. From the low end up to very large self contained.

Invest in a standby unit and do not look back. Ours was installed next to the power pole which provided the mount for the transfer switch and the propane tank was 20 feet away. Purchase one large enough so you don't need another electrical box for transferring selected circuits during power outages. We purchased a Champion because of the warranty and would do the same thing again. DO NOT fool around with a portable unit.

JohnT
My way to transfer power is extension cords.
The Boss says extension cords look beautiful..

(quoted from post at 16:15:28 07/03/23) JohnT
My way to transfer power is extension cords.
The Boss says extension cords look beautiful..

George . This Does help explain how she finds you pretty as well .

> Even Hondas have a limited life. Not only was there a Taryl video on You tube about parts for the Honda generators getting obsolete, but I ran into that on an inverter generator where I work first hand:

Taryl was completely mistaken in that video. He looked up the wrong part number. There were two numbers. One which included the inverter and a small cable and a second that was just the inverter. It was only the inverter/cable P/N that was discontinued. Several of us looked up the inverter and confirmed it was available. Shame on Taryl for not coming back and putting out a correction.

As others have said, you are not getting any younger. And of course neither am I, so if I were in the market for a new generator, it would be a whole house that automatically started and transferred. Simply because I know there will be a day not so far in the future when I can't or won't want to mess with cords, gas cans and heavy generators.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back