Info on HT4 / D4 Trackson Loader

dem45133

Member
My friend just acquired a HT4... and brought it to my place for storage/repairs etc... and I"m also allowed to use it. Other than it came from somewhere in Indiana from a guy that buys and sells various stuff... we know nothing of its history.

From the looks of it... it appears to be in relatively good shape. Tracks, drive sprocket, and rollers appear to have been a recent or at least low time replacement... like new. Apparently head has been off once and engine oil looks new... I mean new... who knows maybe its a fresh no time rebuild.

I drove it off the trailer and around to the shed and parked it...

Had a heck of a time keeping the pony"s starter drive engaged, but it ran fine once started... clutches and brakes seemed to function fine... although I just now thought about it... we backed it off the trailer and backed it all the way and into the shed... I assume the forward gears all work.

From preliminary observations:

Needs hydraulic hoses... one of the main feed/return lines for the bucket"s cylinders is blown... any idea on what presure hose this required? Likely fairly low.

Need info on pony starting system, so I can attempt to figure out why it will not stay engaged.

Oh another thing... fuel shut off at injector pump apparently isn't working... had to stall it to shut down... any ideas?



Thanks.

Dave
Hillsboro, OH
 
Hydraulic pressure is low. 1000 -1200 psi
Pony clutch or engagement latches may need adjusting.
Take side cover off injection pump housing and work the fuel rack. They are famous for sticking if not used in a long time. It is a spring connection not direct linkage.
Lots of this stuff covered on ACMOC.
 
I have a HT-4 what is you serial number? Be sure you are going past the detent on the throttle to shut it down, if not that's why it won't stop.

Skip
 
Hi Skip in CT,
I have a fellow inquiring if you can get the pony motor out of the HT-4 without removing the loader frame. I though you could but would like to know for sure. Have you had that experience?? Thanks
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top