injector timing and low engine torque

mic-t

new engine , new injectors engine runs great just don't have much torque, ford backhoe 256ci 4cy , new filters . Acts like the the fuel filters are clogged but they are new.

Would that cause the engine to run a little hot over time? Like slowly heat up after about 30 min of use.
It could if indeed the torque converter is faulty. All of that wasted power is being turned into heating of the transmission fluid which is then dumped into the bottom of the radiator, which I suspect is where your trans cooler is located.

If you're convinced that the engine is in good mechanical shape and that it's not starved for fuel, it about has to be the torque converter.

It could if indeed the torque converter is faulty. All of that wasted power is being turned into heating of the transmission fluid which is then dumped into the bottom of the radiator, which I suspect is where your trans cooler is located.

If you're convinced that the engine is in good mechanical shape and that it's not starved for fuel, it about has to be the torque converter.
I am not convinced that the engine is .I put remained injectors in it and had one stick open not long after i put them in. It could very well be fuel related or even sucking air in the fuel line some where , it just seams like the E-break is dragging but it rolls freely when its out of gear . and it doesn't have any problem pushing over a pile of dirt in first gear , it just seam low on torque like its a little out of time.

It had an exterior trans cooler it does not go into the radiator , How can i diagnose it to be sure its the converter

You need to do what's called a stall test. This procedure is detailed in the repair manual. If the stall speed turns out to be low, the possible causes listed in the manual will be "defective torque converter" or "low power output from engine", or words to that effect. Once you logically rule out the engine, you naturally turn to the torque converter, which is what I did when you said the engine was new and that it had new fuel filters.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back