Installing pto pump on 57 moline utility tractor

EliYahu

New User
I would like to mount the PTO pump for on the rear PTO. How do you mount/secure the pump on the the tractor? Any pictures or explanation would be appreciated. I m visual so pics would be very helpful. Thank you

It depends on the pump. Some have a plate or bracket on them to attach a chain to, some don't. The free end of the chain gets attached to something
stationary. Playes & chains & whatnot are easily fab'd up or available online.

Also, it would help us on our end if you have pics to post so we can see what you're up to.

And.... this is the IH tractor board. MM tractor board is listed down further on the forums page. Not that it matters much. Those pumps are universal.

Mike

If it is the 'Farmhand' style pump it just slides over the pto shaft. It is secured with a simple length of chain to prevent it from rotateing. The chain also retains the pump on the shaft. It's just that
simple.

Thank you Mike and my apologies for posting to the wrong board. I should have thought about posting pics sheesh...
img]https://i.postimg.cc/PqbkD1dJ/IMG-2227.jpg[/img]
IMG-2226.jpg

Will that pump fit? Doesn't look like much room there above the PTO shaft. The easiest point to run a chain to is the drawbar. Either one or both
holes on the side of the pump can be used for mounting a plate for the chain.

Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back