Introduction of LP Gas in 1951

Don Rudolph

I just came across this ad from March 1951 announcing the LP Gas factory option for the LA and mention of an LP option for smaller tractors coming soon. I have read that the D series was available with factory in the Summer of 1951.

Attachments

• LA_Propane_Advertisement.jpg
    LA_Propane_Advertisement.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 17
I just came across this ad from March 1951 announcing the LP Gas factory option for the LA and mention of an LP option for smaller tractors coming soon. I have read that the D series was available with factory in the Summer of 1951.
I have a 49 LA propane. Original dash and hood....except the built date on the tank is 56 also. Bought it in Colorado and has the ultra high compression head. Had the head all done for my 30 L pullin' tractor only to find it wouldn't work with the 1930 L engine. Pullers have offered me 650 for the head...maybe should have sold it. The 49 LA has a scored sleeve and piston.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back