It's been a while since I have been able to post

Adirondack case guy

My puker took a dump over a week ago, and the wifey was out of town. "O shi!!. Well ater a couple of days, she found time to call Dell and spend a couple of hours on the phone with them. Thankfully, we have Dell's total protection program, and it didn't bust our budget to get it back up and running.
I have been keeping myself busy expanding my 12'x24' woodshed into a tractor shed now 74' long. Stripped out the lawn and put down soil stabilizATION Fabric, and pit down 20T of item 4 screened gravel for a floor and provid drainage for the 80' of drainage pipe that I installed to carry off the rain water from the new roof. Got the gravel all graded and hammered it into concrete like form with the plate tamper. Leveled the ditch and compacted it and reseaded the area. I still have to close in the wall on far end from the road. Went to the lumper yard this morning to pick up a half dozen 12' 2x4's to finish the structure and they had a pallet of culls out front for sale. A lot of 8'-16' 2x's 4-10's. Came home with nearly $300 bucks retail of limber for $125. Had to purswade a few of the rafter boards to become straight. HeHe. There wasn't a lot of question about crowning them. They will settle into place eventually. Also have enough 2x6's to add more overhead space for light storage (steel and vinyl trim) in the back tractor barn.
Going to have to make another run to the scrap yard to get the cost of this project back on the positive side now.

The local "organic farmer" cut and baled the weeds in the field surounging me last weekend. Well not all of them. He left 20-30' all around the edges and left all the wet and really weedy areas. My son came up Sunday, and we put the Woods rotaty cutter on the 770 and trimed what was left around my house. These bales will probably have snowdrifts around them this winter.
Bless the wifey. She spent the time with Dell to get me back up and posting here.
a124068.jpg

a124070.jpg

a124071.jpg

a124072.jpg

a124074.jpg

a124075.jpg

a124076.jpg

a124081.jpg

Dang Bro you said you had been busy but WOW great work and pics and tell the wify a great big THANK YOU from me as well will be calling soon and catching up again
cnt tom

Good to hear from you again, can see you have been busy and and doing quality work as usual. Rod.

I was wundern where you were. I met a neighbor of your's at a sale in Pine Grove Pa last wknd. He is from Roseboom Ny. He said know's where you live.I did'nt get his name but he moved up from Lancaster county few years back. He said he is on here sometimes but didn't say what he goes by. If those weed's got any higher you could hide your 300 in there.ha ha. Glad yer back Jerry.

Glad your back Loren,and looks like job well done,I bet your tickled pink too have the extra storage.There isnt many in here that wouldnt love to have what you just built.I would be first in line!
Great pictures,and thank your wifey for getting you back here!
Dan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back