JD 510C wiring diagram

helmdog

New User
I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 510C loader backhoe. The current wiring is a total mess.
[list:982193a05c]It won't charge (excite I believe).
The tack works intermittently.
No lights work.
Fuel gauge not working.
Ignition is directly wired to the fuel pump and starter.
[/list:u:982193a05c]
That's just the big stuff.

I purchased a pdf of the service manual, but it doesn't have a wire diagram.
Any body know where I can get one?

Thanks and Best,
Joe

Welcome to the forums.

What is the john Deere publication number(s) of the manual you purchased?

The 410B.410C,510B, and 510C share the same Technical Manuals. The old manual was TM1364 (which is no longer available from John Deere), and it was replaced by a two-volume set. Updates to the electrical and Hydraulic info were two of the changes according to the JD construction bookstore. The current John Deere publication numbers for the Two manuals are TM1468 for the Operation and Test Manual where you find info for performance checks and diagnosis (including the wiring diagrams) and TM1469 for the Repair Manual which has the nuts-and-bolts info of doing repairs. Wiring diagrams should have been in TM1364. The most current wiring information should be in TM1468, which is the current Op & Test publication JD sells for your machine. You can use these publication numbers to search for the right manual(s). You can purchase construction equipment manuals direct from JD at JDTechnical Information Bookstore , if you choose.

Hi Jim,
Yes, I have the 2 volume set with ops and service TM1468/9.

Uh, and don't I feel dumb. I never checked the operation vol. I figured it was just about operating the machine and functions.

Thanks.
Joe

You aren't the first to make that assumption, many have purchased just the repair manual thinking that was all they needed. JD has the two volume sets for a number of machines. Now they also reference Component Technical Manuals to go along with the main technical manuals for things like engines, transmissions, hydraulics, etc. of some machines.

They kind of used a misleading name for the manual. It has the operating parameters and procedures a technician needs for adjusting, diagnostics, and troubleshooting (testing). The actual Operator's Manual has the descriptions of the controls, how to operate, lube specs, service intervals, thing an owner/operator need to operate and do normal maintenance on the machine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back