JD 630 carburetor elbow P/N C975R

GlenT

Does anyone know where I can get P/N C975R for my 630 carburetor model DLTX-106. The brass elbow is on the carburetor and connects to the gas line. My JD dealer can get them for $55.61! The brass elbow has a 5/16 compression fitting on the line to the gas tank end and (not sure about this size) a 3/8 pipe thread on the other end of the elbow that is screwed into the carburetor. I can't find them in places like NAPA, my local farm store (Fleet Farm), etc.

I need to replace it because it has a very slow leak. I have replaced the ferrule a couple times and the brass nut that compresses the ferrule. There is a small nick in the compression side of the elbow. The gas line is new 5/16 brake line.

Thanks.

A little more info. I replaced the gas line with 5/16 steel brake line because I did away with the auto shut off sediment bowl (tired of changing diaphrams). Simple question: Since the brass fitting does not have a shelf for the gas line to bottom out on (original line did not have a ferrule, but a welded in type of ferrule like many of the old JD fittings) and because of that, could the ferrule not be compressed correctly making a good seal??

Check with www.robertscarbrepair.com I don't know for sure, but they have lots of that sort of stuff.

The pipe thread side is 1/4 " NPT. Most hardware stores with a good selection of brass have the fitting in stock.

Thanks Popinjohn, I was planning to call you today and ask if you had the elbows. The carbs you rebuilt for me are working great by the way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back