JD 730 gas throttle

Tightened the 5/8 bolt on the throttle lever twice and it is still limp on mid throttle......is there a simple fix without removing hood or dash panel.

A simple fix?? Yes; but first do a little trouble-shooting?? When you tightened that
5/8 bolt, did the speed control arm behind the spring slid or did you just compress the
spring?? That arm is on two steel pins that will rust together. That arm needs to be loose
on them pins to slid over to tighten against the speed-control plate with linings.. The plate
with two linings is what holds the throttle lever ahead at different positions... I would
check this first...

I haven't worked on a 730 throttle lever,
but the lever assembly on my 620 can be
carefully removed without bothering the
hood or dash panel. After disconnecting
the rod and removing the three mounting
bolts, the lever assembly will come out
from under the LEFT side of the hood. I
hope yours is that easy.

Continuing on; A 620 and 730 gas tractor are the same. If things are free, then the linings-two- on the speed control plate are gone.. Need new plate, JD part no-AF3847R can get this part here on Yesterdays Tractor... # 121857 for $38.70??????

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back