raywag

New User
Hello!
I m doing some work on a JD G serial # 3793 and it seems to have the wrong size push rods. I m pretty sure they are too long.

I m trying to find out the correct length of the push rods. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Would depend on the head you have on it what the length would be. Are you running out of adjustment on the tappets with them? You can cut them to length and
reshape the end to make the right length. One other thing to check is if they are seating in the cam followers. I've seen the happen.

F126r appears to be the part number for an early one. Having
some trouble finding any parts info on it green guys dont
carry it although there appear to be some available on the
internet. Id call one of them and ask how long. They appear
to range from 9 dollars to 89 for nos

Parts catalog shows; F 126R push rods for all serial numbers. Also one number for cam followers.. Other thought, is head valve seats too low or high??

We've got dozens of pushrods. There seems to be 3 different lengths of them. We just went through this a couple weeks ago. The ones in the tractor were to short when we switched from a flat head to a newer one.

This post was edited by MSD on 02/16/2023 at 10:15 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back