John Deere 2350 Sound Guard Cab

ford4wd08

Just recently purchased a JD 2350 with a sound guard cab.

As with any tractor of this age, it has had a few hands in it over the years and I am trying to figure a few things out.

So, from what I have found, the clutch is from earlier this year, someone bought it at auction (I actually found the listing), put a clutch in it and did repairs to the AC system (all lines and compressor appear to be new). I don't believe the AC is either charged or I'm not getting voltage to the compressor. I'll figure that out soon enough.

The hydraulics seem to be fine, no chatter from anything (I'm assuming any internal leaks were repaired during splitting for a clutch). PTO works well.

Tractor starts and runs great. It has had the tach replaced for what looks like a 55 series equivalent that shows around 5,200 hrs., so I'll just assume I don't know hours at this point.

Here is where I have a couple of questions, I'm not sure if the key switch is as it was from JD or not? I have a key switch that has about 3 detent positions that appears it controls the lights and the fan for the AC/Heater? I have a separate knob over by the knob you pull to kill fuel that is turned to engage the starter and start the engine. I can't find that referenced anywhere in the owner's manual online, at least not in the form I have on my tractor.

I'm going to chase a few electrical gremlins, which I know this vintage JD utility tractor is known for, but just wondering if this is how it came from the factory?

I do have a printed copy of the owner's manual and the tech manual ordered. Just curious what everyone can remember on these.

Any help is appreciated.

From the parts catalog, this is what is referenced at the high level, "40 Electrical", but when you click on the "21 Electrical Instruments", you get the second picture.

I seem to have what is in the first picture, and I don't have the normal round knob that controlled all the lights like the other JD's I been on.

mvphoto108039.png

mvphoto108040.png

This post was edited by ford4wd08 on 07/31/2023 at 10:30 am.

I have a 2350 non cab tractor and the key starts the tractor. It is a second owner tractor, a school district was the first owner and they painted it yellow.
Electric is as it came from the factory, it had 2240 hours when I got it in 2012. They had traded it in 1996 and it sat on a dealership lot until I purchased it.
I have had the starter rebuilt once and replaced the ignition switch, batteries once, seat and tires. It has been a good tractor for me.

(quoted from post at 17:59:49 07/31/23) I have a 2350 non cab tractor and the key starts the tractor. It is a second owner tractor, a school district was the first owner and they painted it yellow.
Electric is as it came from the factory, it had 2240 hours when I got it in 2012. They had traded it in 1996 and it sat on a dealership lot until I purchased it.
I have had the starter rebuilt once and replaced the ignition switch, batteries once, seat and tires. It has been a good tractor for me.

Good to hear. This one starts and runs well. Transmission shifts great too.

Here is a picture of my switch setup. After I got a chance to look at it tonight, I believe it is the way it was setup from JD. I think I just need to wait on my manual and bust out the multi meter to do some checking.

(quoted from post at 17:59:49 07/31/23) I have a 2350 non cab tractor and the key starts the tractor. It is a second owner tractor, a school district was the first owner and they painted it yellow.

Good to hear. This one starts and runs well. Transmission shifts great too.

Here is a picture of my switch setup. After I got a chance to look at it tonight, I believe it is the way it was setup from JD. I think I just need to wait on my manual and bust out the multi meter to do some checking.

This post was edited by ford4wd08 on 07/31/2023 at 06:16 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back