John Deere B Brake Pedal

FarmallCT

Long story short, we have a later model John Deere B (styled, enclosed flywheel) and as I was using it the other day the right brake pedal snapped in half while I was
trying to get the brake to lock to park it. I am trying to find a replacement, and have found a few on ebay, but am unsure if they are all the same through the various
years?

I cannot find a part number on the broken pedal which makes it harder to compare especially when you don't have another one to compare side by side. I would like to
avoid ordering a pedal, getting it shipped here, and then finding out its a different style or doesn't fit.

So the question is, are all John Deere B brake pedals the same and will fit, regardless of the year?

Thanks in advance,

FarmallCT

I have one for sale pretty sure it's a 1946 or 47 and I have many other parts of you are interested. I'd sell you it with the drum for 50$. Or make an offer without the drum. Email me if interested. Thanks

Makes one wonder if they at one time made aftermarket (read "junk") ones. I have never seen one without the part number made into it. May explain why it broke in the first place. B236 R is rt. side and B 237 R is rt side. This is for late styled B 201000 >. Don't have parts book for earlier ones but there should be plenty of these out there in yards or on flea bay.

Forgot to say...these numbers are molded right in top of brake pedal arm. If it doesn't have them then don't buy it...there are probably thousands out there that DO have it. Might as well be correct..probably no price or availability diff.

Just looked on e-bay and it appears the late styled B mid '47 > s/n 201000 > has a larger and different angle bend at pedal end than the earlier ones. They are on there from $ 20 - $ 40 plus ship. Some are 'buy it now' so no bidding needed.

If you find a number for the correct pedal, let me know. I have 2 or 3 spares. I'll give you one if you buy the freight. Bryce

"<font color="#6699ff">[b:654c4848f0][i:654c4848f0]So the question is, are all John Deere B brake pedals the same and will fit, regardless of the year?[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0]</font>"

Yes.

Take a look at the two diagrams below.

a245104.jpg" width="650"

Note the pedal (R.H.) (Key 26) [b:654c4848f0]B 236 R[/b:654c4848f0].

a245105.jpg" width="650"

Note the pedal (R.H.) (Key 29) [b:654c4848f0]B 236 R[/b:654c4848f0].

Hope this helps.

Thanks Randy, those were the ones I was looking at. I wasn't sure since the pictures are all taken at different angles so hard to compare just by that. Figured with all the knowledge here better double check and be safe than sorry. Thanks again

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back