Jubilee Radius Roda

We continue to fix up our Jubilee tractor. The drag links and radius rods were pretty badly bent. We took the drag links across the road and used a friends hydraulic press to straighten them. I was leery of using the press on the radius rods so I decided to try one of the methods suggested on the antique tractor forum. My first try was with a 2 ½ ton floor jack. It did not have enough force but a 20 ton bottle jack just played with it. I did clamp a piece of angle iron on the rod to act as a seat for the jack. No one got hurt.

Hope to have her ready for parades and shows in the spring.

--
If it's not Gray and Red it stays in the shed
a30865.jpg

Hmmm?? I've never seen them bent down in the middle, always the other way. What am I missing? Good method though.

I've used the pictured technique for years with good success. My six ton bottle jack is much more than adequate for the job.

Dean

I have noticed on a lot of the site pictures that you lads are fixing up the mechanics of a tractor after you have painted them, sorry to be critical. MJ

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back