Just Another Day In Paradice/ Clinton Camp Farm--Pics

Adirondack case guy

Well, I posted about the wintery weather here for the past 10 days, earlier this morning. This afternoon, the sun finally came out. Good thing it got dark, my eyes wern't adjusting. HeHe. I cleaned out the driveways, fired up the Case 300 and moved the trailer load of wood up to the garage, to feed the boiler. Went back up to the sugarbush this afternoon, and the sap had started running.
It will take a day to fill the buckets, so it looks like Sunday will be busy. The sun came out, but the wind picked up and was still moving the snowfall. Had a pink sunset. Here are this afternoons pics.
Loren, the Acg.
a105972.jpg

a105974.jpg

a105975.jpg

a105976.jpg

a105977.jpg

a105978.jpg

a105980.jpg

a105981.jpg

a105982.jpg

a105983.jpg

Waiting to see pics of the evaporator at a full boil!!! Might be tricky pics because of the steam but I hope you get some! Maybe pics of the fire under the pan too! Supposed to be 54° here on Sunday..hope you get some full sun and a good run!!

Larry,
Me and my doc have an agreement. He knowes I won't spend time in a hospital, so they can rack up huge bills, and then put me on a different regiment of meds. 13 months ago I had my first atack. I went about 4 days with a numb right arm after it, and my work partner talked me into seeing my doctor. He did the EKG thing and told me to get to the hospital for further tests. I drove there for the tests and they admitted me. There was knowone home at the time, my wifey was in Colarado at her bros. We heat with wood and have animals. After their cap scans and ecocardiagrams, they said nothing was out of the ordinarty. After the tests they still wanted me to stay there. I walked out on them. They prescribed comidin (SP) Rat poison and colestoral meds. My colestoral was very good. (we eat out of our garden year round) I refused the rat poison, but took the colestrol meds., which rendered me in such muscular pain that I lost my job because I couldn't even hold a coffee cup up. I finally realized the meds were killing me. I stuck with my BP meds, and after a while my BP dropped too low so we cut it in half. I was doing real well at my last checkup two weeks ago and Doc. said ,see you in a year. During this spell of rotton weather all I have been doing is drinking coffee, stoking the fire, and setting at this compuker. Stopped the coffee and got off my arz and feeling better. I plan on dieing from natural causes, not from side affects from synthetic drugs.
Loren

Take care Loren. Sure do enjoy your pics and comments, didn't know you where having some health trouble,I guess if you live long enough, some thing will catch up with you. You are about the same age as my older brothers, and they too are starting to have to admit to beong mortal.You must have gotten a dump of snow we missed,and you can have it. Hope the sap runs this week, take care, and keep the pics of that "post card beautiful" farm coming for us all to enjoy. Bruce

"I plan on dieing from natural causes, not from side affects from synthetic drugs."

Thank you Loren, my sentiments exactly. Even though I'm a Medical Doctor (trained in Emergency Medicine) I'm NOT a practicing Physician. I don't believe in their brand of Medicine; I believe in Holistic Medicine, if it has worked for the Chinese for the last 3000 years then it has to be better than this synthetic crap.

Doc

Once again I find I'm not the only one thinking that loading your body up with chemicals isn't such a great idea.

Best thing I did for my health was drop 60 lbs!

I agree 100% with your attitude toward medicine.
Finally had a "heart to heart" discussion with my doctor re his heavy-handed, non-communicative approach to "managing" my health. He now understands that, as with any tradesperson, HE ADVISES/I DECIDE.
Enjoy your posts, especially about the "sugar bush". Good luck!

The part about the prescription drugs in your post got my attention.

The farmer and long time friend whom I was helping on/off for a few years, had a situation with his liver, he is diabetic, but took care of himself, always went to the doctor, and you would think, like many who don't, often times farmers or similar, just let it go and what happens, happens.

Now I am not sure what the entire deal was with his liver, he never drank, well a beer after a long hot day or something, but that was years and years ago, he can't touch the stuff at all now. What happened was either veins or arteries feeding the liver were failing, he was bleeding internally, they said he only had 10% of it left, even considered a transplant, he went to Boston, Mass. too, but age would prohibit it. He had many bouts with this bleeding and had to be hospitalized, ICU even, he just went through h#ll with it, as I recall from being there with him at times.

While sitting with him, his wife and I think his daughter, a doctor came in, looked at his chart so to speak, and in layman's terms explained (I can't even recall the correct medical term for his condition)exactly what it is. Hands on, said what needed to be said, totally disagreed with what his doctor had prescribed, dosages and all, and flat out said, this is doing in your liver.

I am surprised they did not ask me to leave, this doctor was a good guy, well spoken and made a decision to take high interest in my friends situation. Well fast forward, he's had to have lots of those burst pipes repaired, but he's still here mainly because a change was made in the meds I firmly believe.

My father had a similar life threatening chronic problem and his doctor, well they seem to just want to prescribe meds, and not be a doctor, he made a change and found a great doctor, eventually revealing a well hidden sinus infection and polyps in there. The infection was aggravating and causing asthma attacks, previous doctor just kept him on meds and they have drawbacks like Predisone (sp?) which kills you immune system, others weight gain, and all this was taxing his heart, well he was able to lose a lot of weight, he can breathe well and if it was not for the change in doctors, it was just a matter of time when all the conditions were right.

I don't like chemicals and prescription drugs, avoid them as much as possible.

The thing with your cardio vascular, stroke and what you call it, I would suggest, staying on top of it, some of that is a ticking bomb, and time is of the essence, the last part I think is the most important. Reason I say it is I have seen the results of not being so proactive, its not a good thing, this world is a much better place with you than without, I would tend to agree with your outlook on it, as it seems difficult to find a doctor who acts like a doctor, instead of just loading you with meds and not doing much else.

Just the same, my father would plainly not be here without health benefits and a good doctor, he is also lucky the last doctor and the way it was going did not do him in. One has to be very proactive with being up front with these medical people today, and sort out the bad ones.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back