Anonymous-0

Two questions. I have a KBA transport. How do you get it to disk level? It always leaves a ridge in center back no matter what I do. How do you get it to cut deeper? Part of my ground is clay and the rest is shale. At times it hardly cuts at all. Is any one interested in it? I am considering a 6' offset for behind my JD50. Thanks

Fore and aft leveling is by the screw on tongue. Main frame should be level. The gangs are leveled by springs. Front tends to cut deeper on outside, rear on inside. Adjust each gang spring so gang runs level. The angling bars between front and rear gangs are used to allow the rear gangs to cut at less an angle then front. Also the frame can be adjusted at the rear to cut normal, wide, or narrow width setting for the distance between rear gangs. Speed could also be a factor in throwing soil or cutting depth. Where are you located?

Short answer. Never saw a Deere disk that wasn't a POS and I have owned many of them from a KBA,RWA, AW, BWF to a 220 and a few in between.

msb
Careful the JD God's are going to come get YOU. It's sad but you're correct. Some of JD's tandem disks were a little bit better on leveling but even the Level-action 210/310 weren't great.

In my opinion the KBA should have been sold under the name "KBA ridger" rather than "disk".

I will disagree with the statement about the 210 disk. I can do good work with it. The 210 is much better than the IH 475 that I have used. The IH is not ridgid enough. The angle iron frame twists, bows and flexes way too much for good leveling.

We try not use a disk at all. They compact the soil and ridge at the same time. A field cultivator is a much better choice for leveling a field without compaction.

(quoted from post at 12:31:58 05/17/11) In my opinion the KBA should have been sold under the name "KBA ridger" rather than "disk".

I will disagree with the statement about the 210 disk. I can do good work with it.

RWA disk harrow would ridge bad also.

I never stated the 210 wasn't better at leveling I just think it left some to be desired. I had a 315 that when I was using it for first time over primary tillage I had to watch it close on the first round if field was fenced or it would jump over in the fence. Gotta love that double offset design that I think JD no longer utilizes.

We used a kba for years because it would flex over our rocks without breaking. Ours was not a transport but a drag disk. Ours leveled good. A good disking job starts with the plowing job. These were made to use in plowed ground and don't cut deep in unworked dirt. Do you have an operators manual? There are adjustments to be made to level the disk. If you are going real fast the problem will be worse. WE ran 5th gear 1700rpm with a 3020.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back