The place just down for me went on the market so I called to see what they think it's worth. 12 thousand per acre, I almost fell over. It's 35 acres with about half being a decent grapefruit grove and the other is currently planted in corn. About an acre was a home site until the place burnt a few years ago and was just recently cleaned up in preperation to sell. The land is irrigated and there is electric run down one side to where the house was. Sadly this will probably be sold to a developer who will divide it up and build houses, as if we need any more of those.
So I'm curious what the price of acerage is in other parts of the country and especially Texas.
So I'm curious what the price of acerage is in other parts of the country and especially Texas.