LATE Model 1030 with 540 and 1000 RPM PTO

Anonymous-0

There's a late model 1030 for sale not too far from here with some 1070 features. I have not seen it, but I understand the power steering is similar to that of a 1070, but most interesting is the pto. It can be quickly reversed for a 540/1000 rpm swap just like the 1070 and 1170.

How many 1030's were so equipped from the factory?

Thanks,
Glenn F.

I have to say I have never heard of any mod updates to "1030"s like that,but I"m sure it happened,would love to see some pictures of it if you can Glenn

I'm with Andy on the details, never heard of that. We changed a lot of 1030s over to 540 though. If you can get details and pics we would all like to see them.

Could have someone took the rear pto unit off a 970/1070 and put on the 1030. I was wondering if they are interchangeable? They look alike, but not sure how the insides match up.

Could have someone took the rear pto unit off a 970/1070 and put on the 1030. I was wondering if they are interchangeable? They look alike, but not sure how the insides match up.

Glenn,
Is that 1030 down toward the southern part of the state? The was one set up with the combo pto form a 70"s series down here. The pto came off a 1070 that was stripped for a puller. That puller was from teh dealership that Jason K posted the pics of the standard tractor with the FWA down here. Also that 1030 had a modded radiator to stop the top tank from popping off the core. This was done with support rods soldered into the tank.
They will match up but you have to have the hydrualic controls to engage it. I have a 70 unit here right now with plans on installing it in a 930. Also I am going to install the 970 motor in the 930 too.
Bob

Thanks for the information, I think there was some talk about this before but I couldn't remember the details.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back