Late model JD 1020 Hyd oil in crankcase

CKNWSPR

New User
I have a late model JD 1020. Ser # 100,000 +. The crankcase started filling with Hyd fluid. I took radiator etc off to make sure there was no power steering pump. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks

Welcome to this forum
There's no direct connection for hyd oil to reach engine after serial # 045,199 when power steering pump mounted to RH front of engine was discontinued.

Are you sure diesel isn't getting into engine crankcase?

This is a gas burner. I just pulled the side plate where the steering mechanism is housed. I agree with your comment it s totally separated from the block. There are no external lines feeding the steering column so now I m wondering if it s even power steering. I did notice the engine serial number is different from the tag on the back of the tractor. That ones in the 60k range.

Your engine oil should smell heavily of gas if it has put any amount in the oil. Transfer pumps, diesel or gas are common culprits when engine oil levels rise.

The engine serial number won't match the tractor serial number, that isn't the system JD used.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back