Latest purchase

tntleake

I think I found another fairly good deal. Your thoughts on how I did?
Farmall 400 T/A needs 1 rear tire to match almost new tire on other side, 2 bottom flip plow,7' IH sickle mower, fast hitch to 3 pt adapter, 3pt past hole with 8" auger, 1 new and 2 good 16" 3rib tires, 3pt drawbar, fast hitch drawbar and 12 fast hitch adapters with tool bar clamps, all for 1600.00
a40018.jpg

a40019.jpg

I think you did pretty well with that. It seems to me that your implements are small for your tractor, though. I think a 400 should be able to pull 3-4 plows.
Have fun with your new toy, SF

New Mexico
He also had a 400LP wide front but it sold before I got there or I would have bought both.
He is salvaging most iron and I know he would rather sell most. He has a McCormick 45 baler also, a 1-16 IH flip plow a JD flail mower and other items.

Since it's from New Mexico, that's probably about all the plow it can handle. We had a 400LP that pulled a 2 bottom dics plow in southeast NM, and that was a load. No way it would have pulled 3 bottoms deep enough to do any good. Our JD 4010 could only pull 3 bottoms. Caliche is some tough stuff!

It was on an alalpha farm in the rio grande valley. He also has a fast hitch border maker and a fast hitch disk plow as you had

If you are referring to the broken plow shear that is how I bought it, That would have been some garage dooe to snap that shear off!

We farmed in the Pecos valley (east of Roswell). That disc plow wouldn't happen to be an IH reversable would it (hyd cylinder to move discs from right to left)?

Nice looking 400 you have and looks like you got a good deal.

As I recall there is no cylinder, but the blades do rotate they are connected to a gear box, I think, underneath and there was a tang sticking up to hook a cylinder on to if I had to guess.
It is not froze either as I leaned against the tang and the whole thing started to tip over because the disk blades moved!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back