Lawn mowers

Ldwallace

I have been considering buying a new push mower. I figure I can push mow my yard in 2-3 hours.

Since I cant run anymore I figure pushing mowing will be good exercise.

Now to my question.

There are not near as many mowers in stock as in past years and none on sale. About 1/2 the push mower inventory in stores are battery powered at about twice the price of a gas powered mower.

I just wonder if if a battery powered mower is worth the extra cost. I think the reduction in noise is worth a little extra. The convenience of not having to get gas also worth something extra.

Who has a battery powered mower? Are you happy with it? Is it worth the extra cost?

I am thinking I might get the cheapest gas mower I can find and buy an improved battery powered mower in a couple of years.

Thoughts?

You say 'push' mower, and mow 2 to 3 hours. If the mower is self propelled it would be way better than pushing. That much walking is plenty of exercise without 'pushing'.

The battery powered mowers Ive seen advertised here say up to 90 minutes mowing time, depending on conditions. Will that be long enough for you? I have two neighbors that bought battery mowers 5-6 years ago. Batteries lasted three years. They both went back to gas powered. Good luck!

Our son bought a battery powered mower, it's working well for him, but he has a pretty small lawn, and he's had problems keeping gas mowers running.

One plus to consider for the electric is you would avoid road maintenance taxes on gasoline purchases.

It is rare to see a lawnmower mowing a road or street.

(quoted from post at 08:07:05 06/28/22) One plus to consider for the electric is you would avoid road maintenance taxes on gasoline purchases.

It is rare to see a lawnmower mowing a road or street.

I agree 100%

My neighbor has one and he likes it. It is self propelled. He has a super fancy perfect lawn and mows most of it with a Kubota rider, but uses the battery mower for a steep area that the Kubota slips on. It is an expensive mower. Battery lasts for several mowings, but I don't know how many hours. I personally don't like buying new batteries for cordless devices.

If I was looking for a push mower, it'd be electric for sure. The wife bought a new 14 inch 48 volt rototiller this spring. She absolutely loves that thing. The garden has never been cleaner. I have a hard time finding her sometimes because it doesn't make any noise. The more of these electric tools we get, the more of them I want. I honestly think the next new riding mower will be electric.

(quoted from post at 13:16:13 06/28/22) I have been considering buying a new push mower. I figure I can push mow my yard in 2-3 hours.

Since I cant run anymore I figure pushing mowing will be good exercise.

Now to my question.

There are not near as many mowers in stock as in past years and none on sale. About 1/2 the push mower inventory in stores are battery powered at about twice the price of a gas powered mower.

I just wonder if if a battery powered mower is worth the extra cost. I think the reduction in noise is worth a little extra. The convenience of not having to get gas also worth something extra.

Who has a battery powered mower? Are you happy with it? Is it worth the extra cost?

I am thinking I might get the cheapest gas mower I can find and buy an improved battery powered mower in a couple of years.

Thoughts?
helped my neighbor pick out a self-propelled Ego. This is her second year with it, and she is very happy with it. The battery lasts about an hour, so she has two batteries to complete her lawn. I guess in your case, you'd need three batteries or split the job up.

My back won't allow me to push anything.
cvphoto129213.jpg

My boy wanted a push mower. When he bought a new house
6 years ago I bought him this mower as a house gift.

He loves it. It only takes him 22 minutes to mow his yard.
I think it has 7 speeds. Top speed is a full gallop.
Turn the handle and it automatically turns.

17 hp Kawasaki. 48 inch cut. It will last him a lifetime.

It's a walk behind ZTR. My boy wanted to walk, not ride..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back