AGM Battery

AGM batteries are about all I use in my equipment. I have always used Yuasa batteries for they seem to last longer than other brands.
A lot of the charging problems comes from people that puts an AGM battery in a modern car or truck that had a wet battery. The computer is not programmed to charge them correctly. But the computer can be reset to normal and safely charge AGMs by any good mechanic. Also charging them on a system that produces more than 14.2 volts is not good for them either.
Another mistake people make with AGM batteries is not following instructions. If you order one online. It will come "dry" and need acid added to it. Yuasa motorcycle and ATV batteries come with the correct amount of acid. Do not add any more than it calls for. Also let the battery sit for at least 24 hours to give the acid time to fully soak into the mats before you connect it to the charger for the first time. Let it fully charge before putting it into service. Skimping on those two important steps and the battery life will be greatly diminished.
Can you provide examples of vehicles that can have the computer reprogrammed to charge AGM OR FLA batteries?

I need a new battery for my JD X350 riding mower.
300cca U1

I can get a blemished battery local for $40 with 30 day warranty
At the same battery store I can get a new battery for $55 with a year warranty.
Both are regular batteries.

Before I buy one I would like to consider a AGM battery.
I have heard a regular charging system will not fully charge a AGM battery.
Then there is the added up front cost.
So are AGM batteries that much better.
I switched to AGM battery for my iron head Sportster years ago and have never regretted it, same for my ATV. I do use a Battery Tender
I need a new battery for my JD X350 riding mower.
300cca U1

I can get a blemished battery local for $40 with 30 day warranty
At the same battery store I can get a new battery for $55 with a year warranty.
Both are regular batteries.

Before I buy one I would like to consider a AGM battery.
3D98B0D0-AE32-4779-821B-02F47EB809EC.jpeg
I have heard a regular charging system will not fully charge a AGM battery.
Then there is the added up front cost.
So are AGM batteries that much better.
I have not tried the large AGM batteries but have been using AGM on my ATV and iron head Sportster for at least ten years and can get at least five years out of them. I use a Battery Tender to charge them when they are not being used for a long time.

This battery is made for large displacement motorcycles as a direct drop in. The built in battery management system takes care of the charging scenario. Been in the car almost 4 years.
Likewise my SOK’s have a quality BMS and so long as a battery contains them the battery itself will be protected. However my standard Ford automotive alternator can not be connected direct to many lithiums so I had to add the DC to DC smart regulated charger which has worked perfect for both my alternator and lithiums two years yay. Gotta love lithium !!! John T

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back