Leaking PTO control valve

tstoub77

The control valve for the pto is leaking this year and the boot was shot. Any adjustments or guidance is appreciated. TIA

This is a 656 Hydro.

Attachments

• IMG_5019.jpeg
    IMG_5019.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5020.jpeg
    IMG_5020.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Remove linkage then Hold the lock nut and turn the square nut off the spool counting the number of turns to remove it. lift the spool and you will find a small hole in the spool to hold it will turning the jam nut off. I use a small Allen wrench to hold the spool. Remove large nut and replace the seal and oring. When going back together make sure you install the square nut back on the number of threads it took to take it off. This will set your pressure back to what it was. If you have access to a 300 lbs. gauge you can install it where the small plug is on the side of the pto unit next to the spool. The more you turn the spool into the square nut the higher the pressure will be

Remove linkage then Hold the lock nut and turn the square nut off the spool counting the number of turns to remove it. lift the spool and you will find a small hole in the spool to hold it will turning the jam nut off. I use a small Allen wrench to hold the spool. Remove large nut and replace the seal and oring. When going back together make sure you install the square nut back on the number of threads it took to take it off. This will set your pressure back to what it was. If you have access to a 300 lbs. gauge you can install it where the small plug is on the side of the pto unit next to the spool. The more you turn the spool into the square nut the higher the pressure will be
Thanks for the info. I discovered that the lock and square nuts were threaded all the way down. What pressure is this setting for and how can I now set it accurately and correctly? I never had any problems with pto operation 🤷🏼‍♂️

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back