LET ME EXPLAIN!

Anonymous-0

I may have just proved that I am not to old to make a fool out of myself, but while I got your attention let me explain. I think the NATPA needs a better system of checking RPM's on Division 4 tractors other than jerking the trottle wide open at the end of track. I admit I have always run on the edge and occasionally been DQ for high RPM's, for this I have no problem. The thing that upset me was that my trottled had been jerked six times by the same guy and was OK at the Princeton pull. I was told I was on the edge. I turned the governor screw down one turn and went to Tallmadge. Everything was fine. Arrived at Columbia only to be DQed. I know the weather conditions, engine temperatures and a host of other conditions will affect the performance on a 50 year old governor. At the last 3 pulls I put more time on my engine running wide open at the end of the track than I did pulling. I know there has been a lot of pressure put on the 5000 lb. Div.4 class and more to come in the 4500 lb. Div.4 class. I strongly feel the problem could be remedied by either placing a mph limit or placing a tach box on the sled, which would measure the RPM's while pulling and would eliminate the positive trottle stop problem. Jerry Leek has offered to buy the first one and I am offering to buy the second one. (To be picked out by sled committee.)
I just want to say I don't drive 800 to 1200 miles, with my wife, son, his wife and grandchildren to cheat or be embrassed over a governor issue. I know being a director or officer of any organization is a lot of work and headaches. For this, I say THANK YOU. If I offended any one, please except my apologies. Yes, I am going to continue pulling where I am welcome, but hope I never have to set at the end of the track with my motor running wide open. THANKS TO ALL! ART

Thank you for the explanation, I do have a question the meters you and Jerry have offered to buy, do they work on Deisel tractors?

Rich

Good to hear from you Art. That sounds like a great idea. I hope to watch the General again soon. I get a kick out of that tractor. It was also fun to see Ken Foland in person rather than just long chats on the phone. Catch ya soon!

Ethan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back