Loader basket

Eric in IL

I helped a neighbor clean the gutters on his house yesterday. He has a 2 year old New Holland tractor and loader. Loader has a set of pallet forks. He uses an old chemical tote frame for a basket. Just chains it to the forks so it can't slide off. It made me feel pretty safe. Hands and fingers nearly froze off though.

cvphoto167787.png

Sorta close enough to OSHA spec. Also part of that OSHA spec, when using material handling equipment for personnel baskets you de-rate the machine capacity 50%, i.e. a 5k forklift you de-rate to 2.5K for the basket/person/tools weight.

And if a hose blows you still come crashing to the ground. Thats the reason I like our Telehandler. It has lock outs on the lift cylinders so if a hose blows they stop from dropping sort of like a check valve on them. Not just sure how they work but must be like propane valves where if the flow is to fast suddenly they shut down.

I didnt think of using a tote frame. I purchased a cage from Amazon recently for about $175. It is handy and useful. Got a thumbs up from my wife.

(quoted from post at 16:13:33 12/01/23) And if a hose blows you still come crashing to the ground. Thats the reason I like our Telehandler. It has lock outs on the lift cylinders so if a hose blows they stop from dropping sort of like a check valve on them. Not just sure how they work but must be like propane valves where if the flow is to fast suddenly they shut down.

You won't come crashing down if a hose blows out. You'll come down probably faster than you'd like but not that fast. You won't be at max loading, the oil only flows out so fast through a hole in a hose and when the other side of the double acting cylinder starts pulling vacuum since that hose is still intact that will slow things further.

Beyond that you shouldn't be using a machine with hoses in bad enough shape that there is any real chance of a blow out.

(quoted from post at 09:48:42 12/02/23)
(quoted from post at 16:13:33 12/01/23) And if a hose blows you still come crashing to the ground. Thats the reason I like our Telehandler. It has lock outs on the lift cylinders so if a hose blows they stop from dropping sort of like a check valve on them. Not just sure how they work but must be like propane valves where if the flow is to fast suddenly they shut down.

You won't come crashing down if a hose blows out. You'll come down probably faster than you'd like but not that fast. You won't be at max loading, the oil only flows out so fast through a hole in a hose and when the other side of the double acting cylinder starts pulling vacuum since that hose is still intact that will slow things further.

[b:d5baedbf45]Beyond that you shouldn't be using a machine with hoses in bad enough shape that there is any real chance of a blow out.[/b:d5baedbf45]

Common sense should dictate that. Common sense ain't all that common though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back