Loader on D17

Burkie

I recently acquired a model 500 AC loader to mount on my D17 series 4. I get everything hooked up and go to raise the loader and that works fine. I go to lower the loader and blow out the oil supply line to the top side of one of the lift cylinders. It seems oil will flow one direction through the valve body but not the other. Now, besides trying to fix the blown line, I have to figure out the issue with the valve body which I no experience with. Any thoughts on what's going on here?

You don't say, but I assume you are using the tractors hydraulic outlets on the back end of the tractor ?? I'm thinking you have a coupler/hose end problem not allowing oil to go thru the connection.

Yes, I am using the outlets on the back of the tractor. The loader will not go down whether the tractor is running or not. When I bought the tractor one of the outlets was plugged off but I didn't think much of it at the time.

Have you tried to hook a regular cylinder, or any other implement to the couplers?
It does sound like a coupler issue, but no way should you be able to blow a line off a cylinder. There must have been an issue there also.

I agree, the tractors hydraulic system should not have failed any hose or its connection BUT, it is a used loader and we have no idea what kind of condition the failed hose was in or if it had been damaged somehow. That tractor came from the Factory with caps over each coupler connection. The Dealer or the Customer had to install whatever brand/type of coupler they wanted to use because there were soooo many different styles out there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back