Look At It This Way

Allan in NE

Well-known Member
Snow is moisture and moisture makes things grow. Keep 'er comin' boys!

Allan

latesnow.JPG
 
I'm still in my yonger years and love the snow but I've had enough to last me a few weeks. I have plowed enough in the last week with a tractor, no cab no heat regular blade to last a while in ohio we had 2 ft give er take
 
Allen,
Here in N.E. Ohio we had 19" of snow last Saturday, yesterday got to about 60 degrees and today in the mid 40's and raining. Moisture good but not all at once, enjoy your snow.
 
Well yeah,

But you guys probably live by the good book.

I don't so's I gotta wander out here in the desert. :>)

Allan
 
Around here we are finally free of the ice and snow we acquired back on Dec. 1,07. Good riddance!

Back in late November I put nailers on an old wood shingled roof, planning to screw the steel on shortly after. Before I could get the steel on we had that Ice and snow Dec 1st and it was on the darned roof until about a week ago. The steel is still laying on sawhorses inside the building And I haven't quite recouped from the neck surgery, so she is still sitting there like she's been all winter, only without the snow.

Old, I remember you telling me not to go back to work too early, but it sure is tempting...... Jim
 
Allen my weather thinge says you're supposed to get snow tonight and again Sunday. Don't say how much but for the high dessert I guess every little bit helps huh? Just keep your goosedown handy when you go outside.
Don
 
I agree and disagree. Yep, now that the snow has pretty much melted here in northern Indiana, I look at the high rivers and creeks and say "Good, good, good". But I needed to cut some trees down to season for next year, and now's not a bad time cause the wood ticks are still kind of frozen, and so is the poison ivy. And of course I was using a couple of tractors to drag out trunks and limbs. Was using tractors until I started breaking through the permafrost and things got muddy real quick, like after the first pass. The second pass was pretty hard to control, and what kept going through my mind was those photos from Davis, and I didn't want no part of that. Now the tractors are safely in the barn with mud all over them. Guess the'll hold up there for a couple of weeks.

But you're right. Snow is moisture, and the more moisture we get ahead of time is better. Maybe we can compromise and get the temps down around zero for a few days so I can get that wood out of there. Then it can snow and rain for days and the ticks can thaw out all they want. Deal?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top