M Farmall Distributer

THolmer

How do I tell what distributer is on my M farmall? I bought a cap for it thinking it was a IH distributor and it does not fit.

Thanks Todd

If it is sticking up at an angle away from the engine, it is likely a Delco (probably a number on it). It could also be an
Autolite, less likely. If it has a hump shaped coil built into the top, it is a Mag. Jim

Thank you. With that information I know it's a IH distributor. They must have given me the wrong cap.

Thanks Todd

Thank you for the information. It is a distributor type ignition. And with the post above it is a IH.

Thanks Todd

That happened to a friend (was sold the wrong cap) just last week. Fortunately he noticed the error and was able to exchange it for the correct cap before he left the store.

IH distributor round part of body will have 6 numbers on it ending in R1 like picture. If getting at NAPA cap is # IH350. Rotor IH300, condenser IH200, points IH1600. Think they also have a cheaper cap than IH350 that I never used.
a242871.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back