Massey 555 Value, and work to do before Selling

DanielW

Hi folks,

I hate to be one of the people who ask, 'How much is my tractor worth', because I realize it's not really the point of these forums, and also that there are oodles of factors that can affect price. But here I go anyway:

I have a Massey 555. 1957 if I remember right. It's been sitting in the back of my shed for years and I really can't justify keeping it around. I fire it up now and again just for giggles and to keep the PSB pump from sitting too long as I know that can be a problem. Tin is all there and not too bad, but nothing to write home about. New brakes. Firestone rears have reasonable meat on them, but a fair bit of checking. Will upload some pictures tonight. I'm in South-Central Ontario. Wondering what I might expect to get if I go to sell it. Any rough guestimate or range would be good - I know it's hard to tell (especially without pictures).

It starts/runs well, but for the first minute or two after starting it always pops through the exhaust a bit. Once warm it runs beautifully. I was planning on pulling the head to do a valve job, but am not sure if it's worth it. As I say: it's only for the first minute or so, then it's fine. I don't know if the time/expense of doing a valve job will be recovered in a higher sale price.

Any thoughts/ideas greatly appreciated.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back