Massey Ferguson 10 Baler Question

Howdy Yall! I got my eye on a Massey 10 baler as a first baler to go behind my Allis Chalmers WD. Person says it's a wire baler, does that mean I have to only use wire or can it be converted?
Thanks in advance!

If it's wire tie, it's going to stay wire tie, unless you have a lot of time and money to install a twine knotter assembly. Be easier to find another baler if you want twine tie.

Howdy Yall! I got my eye on a Massey 10 baler as a first baler to go behind my Allis Chalmers WD. Person says it's a wire baler, does that mean I have to only use wire or can it be converted?
Thanks in advance!
Wire ties are not common in the mid-Atlantic where I am. If you are planning to make hay for sale I would avoid the wire tie. Some folks feed the bales unbroken and the wire is hazardous. Wire is difficult to handle and dispose of, while there always seem to be a use for the twine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back