Massey Harris 44 Radiator

CharlesTx

My mh44 radiator was not repairable, leaking deep in the core. I ordered and installed an aftermarket radiator, the lower water inlet does not line up with the motor inlet. Their is only about an inch between the two, no way to attach a hose. The top inlet lines up good. The radiator shop said only one radiator listed for mh44. Was their a radiator with a different angle lower inlet? It seems my only option is to modify a brand new radiator to make it fit. Has anyone came across this problem? Ideas!

Hello: If you could get a good recore it uses your top and bottom tanks.
soldered onto the recore, and everything should fit. It is your old top
and bottom tank. Should be good for another 50 years.
Good luck

Put the hose on before you bolt the radiator down. There is only about an inch to an inch and one half on any radiator on a 44 and they don't line up to start with.

Thanks. I did check on having the old radiation recored, it costs way more than a new radiator.
I know the new did not line up. The radiator shop had to cut and reposition the inlet pipe. Still not perfect but I did get a hose on and so far no leaks. I called the radiator manufacturer and found my tractor serial number was not intended for their radiator. No they do not make one for my tractor and suggested the modification. Thank goodness it worked as all the radiators on line seem to fit later tractors. Mine is a 1951.

I got a good deal on a radiator out of a MF 245, for my MH 101 Jr. The width and height were acceptable, but the fill spout was 2 inches too tall, and the lower hose outlet came out in an 'L' and I needed straight. I cut down the neck and re-soldered it to the top, but I had to cut the red brass lower outlet at a 45, twist it 180 degrees and solder the two pieces together to be straight . It has held for over two years with no issues. I may do it with silver solder if it fails.

Question - what aftermarket radiator did you go with? Mine is also beyond repair and looking for a replacement option that does not cost $700-800 :(

Thanks,
Kevin

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back