McCormack 10 Drill settings

Good morning,
I’m going to be seeding some Milo for a friend with my McCormack 10 grain drill. He’s looking for 30” rows with about 2 - 3 lbs per acre. I’ve looked through the chart and can’t come up with a calculation for a setting on the drill to get to the 2 - 3 lbs per acre. Anyone by chance have experience with this drill and setting it up like this? This is a 16 x 8” drill. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
If you were to plant 16” rows, you would be putting down half of what is shown on the chart at the lowest setting. By time you get to 30” rows , you may have to increase the indicator setting to get 3 lb/A.

To get the actual target sowing rate, you will have to jack up one side of the drill, lay a tarp on the ground to catch the seed from the un-blocked openers, turn the wheel enough turns to equal 1/10 of an acre, and weigh the seed that was dropped.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back