MF-35 stuck in neutral

Pkirk

New User
My 1963 MF-35 is stuck in neutral. The shift moves side to side but will not go into 1st, 2nd, 3rd or reverse.
It's been two years since I used it. It has been in a barn. It was fine when I parked it in the barn two years ago. There is no grinding or any noise. I did replace the rear wheels last summer. Wondering if that somehow jammed things. It was suggested to me that I use the front end loader to move the tractor back and forth a bit, maybe loosening the shifter. The tractor is at my cabin 200 miles away, so I would like a few ideas what to try when I head up again in a couple weeks. Thanks for any ideas.

Does it start? Does the L-S-H shifter move? It "may" be a stuck clutch. They usually stick between two gears not neutral. I would bring a good jack, jack up one rear wheel enough to roll and try rocking it back and forth while watching that the clutch pedal linkages all move when you depress the clutch, yeah you need two people. Having sat for two years may have rusted something up so it won't move. Your new wheels didn't cause it.

Thanks. I had a new battery and points and condenser, so it started right up. The L-S-H shifter seems fine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back