MF 65 rear wheel weights

Jason Bryant

New User
I am in desperate need of some weights for my MF 65. I have a Ford loader and it is really making it front heavy. Does anyone know where I can find some used ones or maybe even some that fit another tractor that could be slightly modified to fit the 65? I definitely need used because I can't afford new ones. Here's a pic of what I have.
mvphoto3714.jpg

I don't know where any weights are located but I do know Allis Chalmers used the same type of wheels. I hope this helps you out!

Did you ever consider just having fluid put in the tires? Not calcium but either antifreeze or rim guard?

Late 50's through the 60's I would imagine. Around the same years that they made the Massey anyway. I've got two different types for my 65s I'll get you some pictures in the daylight. Maybe it will help you out.

It definitely does better with something on the back but I need more traction all the time. And I don't want to wear out my hydraulics and wheel bearings.

Just wondering; if you already have liquid-filled tires, using a non-MF loader, and need still more weight, if you"re about to overload sometihng?

(quoted from post at 11:53:58 02/19/14) Just wondering; if you already have liquid-filled tires, using a non-MF loader, and need still more weight, if you"re about to overload sometihng?

I agree...the 65 front end wasn't really designed for heavy loader use, neither was the 100 series although they did offer a heavier front end for loader use as an option on the 100 series. If it requires that much weight in the back then I would say the front end won't last too long,plus adding more weight in the back makes it harder on the axle bearings and axles.

Yeah I know the 65 wasn't really designed for a loader but it's all I have until I can afford a newer tractor. For now I just need a little more weight in the back. I tried pulling my Jetta up our driveway during the snow the other day and it had little to no traction with nothing on the back. I know I could have put my box blade on the back but I have noticed that even with a bush hog or box blade, etc. I could still use a little weight. Throw something in the bucket and it really becomes apparent. Hopefully I can get away with 2 or 3 weights on each wheel.

As far as I know, the set on the tractor are what came with it and I bought it from the original owner. The one in the back of the truck I took off of a Massey rim at a local mechanic. I lucked out and bought them for $40 for a pair. I could use another set myself. It's being used for weight in the back of my Dakota right now.

(quoted from post at 17:38:37 02/19/14)
Yeah I know the 65 wasn't really designed for a loader but it's all I have until I can afford a newer tractor. For now I just need a little more weight in the back. I tried pulling my Jetta up our driveway during the snow the other day and it had little to no traction with nothing on the back. I know I could have put my box blade on the back but I have noticed that even with a bush hog or box blade, etc. I could still use a little weight. Throw something in the bucket and it really becomes apparent. Hopefully I can get away with 2 or 3 weights on each wheel.

Hey I can understand that perfectly. I do the same thing myself. I start off with something and work my way up to something a little better, I just wanted to caution you because I personally have experienced the front cradle on a 165 splitting from loader use. I hate to see it happen to you.

Those appear to be factory. The should have an MF
logo on the back side. Mine are weighted in kilos
not pounds. 20 kilos for the adapter plate and 30
for weight plates. Or vice versa. Can't
remember. For cheap weight, pour concrete around
the remains of an implement mount and hang it from
the three point. I am sure there are pics out
there to show how this is done. I suspect you may
have to chain up the weight as the loader is going
to be using the hydraulics. Here is my tractor
showing the factory weights. BTW, I had an older
gentleman show me that mine were factory. I
thought they were aftermarket and was considering
selling them. He showed me the marks after I
declined his $0.50/lb offer.

Aaron
11831_1054891988328_1706672933_107779_8009032_n.jpg

I know you want wheel weights but I poured a 55 gal drum full of cement with a 7/8 rod through the bottom before pouring cement for 3PH. Worked well weighs about 1100 lbs. I can't see where the extra weight would damage the rear wheel bearings. Just a cheap alternative.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back