MF165 remote hydraulic valve

Ironman13

New User
Hello everyone. I'm new to the group and looking for some guidance on this. I have a 72' MF 165 diesel without Multipower and without remote hydraulics. I would like to add remote hydraulics and in doing so I purchased the auxiliary spool valve, shown in the attached pictures, from a tractor salvage yard. I have the MF165 operators manual, service manual, partsbook, and the Operators Manual for Basics & Hydraulic Systems - For MF130 Thru MF180 Tractors 690592M3. My questions are as follows.

1. What valve do I have? It appears that I have the double spool valve and that it run two sets of remotes. One side of the valve is labelled Lift 01 Drop 01 and the other is labeled Lift 02 Drop 02. I don't need to run two sets of remotes. One would be fine for my uses.

2. Preferably, I would like to keep using my the 3pt controls to run the 3pt and then use the auxiliary spool valve to run the remotes. I was hoping to be able to put my 3pt controls in constant pumping and the use the auxiliary spool valve to run a remote. Is there a diverter valve is this valve, that would let me do so?

2. I'm looking for information on how to rebuild this valve and where to find the parts. I have the parts and service manual for the tractor, however they don't cover the auxiliary spool valve.

3. The single acting / double acting screw on the Lift/Drop 02 side is currently stuck (will not turn). The 01 circuit is free. Any suggestions here?

4. When I got the valve, the spool valve on the 01 side was stuck. This is the side that's missing the lever handle. I soaked the lever and cylinder in penetrating oil and it eventually free up.

My goal is to find out if the valve can function how I would like it to and then make sure it's mechanically sound.

Thanks in advance for your input.
cvphoto82496.jpg

cvphoto82497.jpg

cvphoto82498.jpg

cvphoto82499.jpg

cvphoto82500.jpg

When used on lift cover, the LEFT spool is locked back for three point use. Left spool is centered, position control in constant pumping for right spool auxiliary cylinder use. The screws are turned in for double, and out for single action use.

Hello Dieseltech, I have this exact remote valve on my MF165. So far all the tech vids I can find show that you have to remove the remote valve before you remove the top cover to access the Hyd pump. This one however appears to be attached from inside the cover?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back