Mf202 Speedi sleeve kit for steering

Hey guys just curious what the speedi sleeve kit part number is ? My steering is leaking from below and top of steering now I think its time to resleeve and cant find a part number for speedi sleeves. Thank you

(quoted from post at 08:34:17 05/11/23) Hey guys just curious what the speedi sleeve kit part number is ? My steering is leaking from below and top of steering now I think its time to resleeve and cant find a part number for speedi sleeves. Thank you

I installed a speedy sleeve and it still leaked. Tried it again with another new sleeve and it still leaked out the top of my steering column. That's when I got tired of having to remove that dash and went for a whole new steering system. I now have no problems and it steers like a Cadillac.

I put a link to the sleeve below. We have used them at work and they are temporary.

That seal isn't designed to hold operating pressure, the spool itself does. To fix the steering spool leaking around the shaft, the shaft needs to come out and the valve needs to be disassembled. The spool and valve body need to be checked for wear, the springs that hold the checks in position need to be checked, and the shaft also needs to be checked for wear and corrosion. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to how the power steering on these operate and there is a lot of misinformation as a result.

The pictures below are mine. I replaced the shaft and all the seals in the steering box. The steering box needs to come off the tractor to change the shaft. I wouldn't waste me time with a sleeve or any other half-hearted attempt.

cvphoto154325.jpg

cvphoto154327.jpg

Link

Ok good to know, I will avoid the sleeve then, any info on your
system you swapped in?

Also on a previous post someone mentioned tapping a return
line in the upper valve body and return to reservoir , had you
tried that fix?

Curious if this could be made to work. Mine leaks quite a bit
even when not in use o guess the pressure, but I just went from
fall to now with not topping it up. Wonder if it can be sent back
and lower the leak size or all if possible without

Major work.

Google : THE FIX--MF 135 AND MF 204 Power steering leaks
from top of column.

(quoted from post at 12:10:39 05/11/23)
(quoted from post at 10:18:16 05/11/23) Ok good to know, I will avoid the sleeve then, any info on your
system you swapped in?

This is basically what I did. I got the parts from an off road speed shop.

Hey Stan, I'm just curious, where did you get a new steering shaft for your 202?

http://www.clccustomgrips.com/steeringbuild1.html
Seems easy enough what pump and steering shaft did you use or are you not done?

(quoted from post at 14:37:37 05/11/23)
You can see what I did at this link.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.c...&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I can give you another link with a lot more info about it but it's on another forum and YT will not let me post it here. So, if you'll give me your email addy, I will send you the link.

Hey ok sounds good unfortunately the private message function on this forum is not working so one of my useless emails for the public too see is [email protected]

Thanks!

Reliable, I think. It may have been
Jensales. I googled the p/n. I don't think
the link will show here.

1751666M91 Steering Shaft Assembly Fits
Massey Ferguson Tractor 203 204 205

cvphoto154351.jpg

I would stay away from this concept. The steering shaft cover (21) fills up with water and wrecks the steering shaft. The shaft moves up and down as you turn the steering wheel. This wrecks the seal. The fluid leaking out keeps the water from leaking into the hydraulic system. If you turn that steering cover into a return, you'll suck water and everything else into the hydraulic system. NO GOOD.

I spent $450 and 8 hrs on mine. I found that the grease in the steering box was like tar, the lower shaft seal was bad, and the left pinion shaft was out of time by one tooth. And some other minor stuff. I don't think I would save any time or money hacking it back together. If you go that route, I'll happily buy the old parts off you.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back