Milwaukee cordless Ratchet Impact wrench

Jack345

Milwaukee M18/M12 12/18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8 in. Ratchet & 1/2 in. Impact Wrench W/ Friction Ring Combo Kit Is on sale @ HomeDepot for $200. I've been shopping for a Milwaukee cordless ratchet for several months now & this just came on sale yesterday...needless to say I GOT THE SET!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-M12-12-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-3-8-in-Ratchet-1-2-in-Impact-Wrench-W-Friction-Ring-Combo-Kit-2663-22R/310446815

They are not their best but will do for a DIY... You need a couple extra battery's I keep 4 of the m12 Red lithium on hand for a DIY 2 would be enoufh they charge up fast. When you are using multiple M12 tools you need plenty of back up... On the ratchet if I hit the trigger and it does not break it the battery may be low I never force it like a regular hand ratchet that is what a breaker bar is for. The same when tighten stuff up its not worth destroying a cordless ratchet for, look after it and enjoy the Convenience...

Now that you have the charger you can buy tools without the battery and longer lasting battery's... : )

Yeah, I know Milwaukee makes a more HD model in both, but they exceeded my needs in size & budget. I have a 1/4 ratchet that is used all the time, they are great once one understands limitations of tool.

I just clutched a truck my shoulders have a hard time with the weight of a cordless 1/2" when working overhead I had to go back to a hose tool : (

I would like for them to come out with a lighter 1/2" it does not have to man killer tank tool that takes on all comers...

Have you used a power ratchet before? Just asking before you make the investment.

I've tried several air powered, just never could get the feel for it.

Wasn't so much the hose in the way, it just seemed bulky, and not many places it would get into, smashed my fingers and banged my hands.

Some people swear by them, it is a personal preference.

(quoted from post at 17:01:54 12/05/19)
I just clutched a truck my shoulders have a hard time with the weight of a cordless 1/2" when working overhead I had to go back to a hose tool : (

I would like for them to come out with a lighter 1/2" it does not have to man killer tank tool that takes on all comers...
Pretty sure Milwaukee makes three different size 1/2" cordless impacts. I don t know the weights, but maybe the lighter duty ones are lighter.

In my job I travel the east coast working on oilfield equipment and engines. Everything from road tractors to 3512 cats and 50 liter Cummins. I can say out of most of the brands I?ve tried Milwaukee has been the best all around. I guess keep in mind though I beat on mine like red headed step children so I?m sure the more occasional garage use would be better on them. Keep an eye out for keeping them out of fine sand. Seems like it gets past the front seal around the hammer, and watch where you pick them up and do a little part number researcher on them. As they make a couple different models within each size of that makes sense. They have a homeowner and professional line basically.

If it makes you feel better I just invested the 1400 on their new 1 inch drive. Dam thing better break tractor wheels loose lol

(quoted from post at 08:36:02 12/06/19)
(quoted from post at 17:01:54 12/05/19)

Pretty sure Milwaukee makes three different size 1/2" cordless impacts. I don t know the weights, but maybe the lighter duty ones are lighter.

Every 1/2" model I look at is 5.5 lbs.. My 3/8" would not break them (lock-tie on the treads) but it did the job tighten them up. Anything I was concerned about I checked it with a long pull/breaker bar.

5.5 lbs in a tight place with 1/2" extensions and swivels then have to hold the bolt head with a wrench that's pert neer not accessible is not old man friendly... Two bad shoulders are of not any fun either so on a job like that take a 800MG ibuprofen before and one after the job and one when you go to bed...

you think it would loosen mail route vehicle wheel nuts jeep Cherokee. they get pretty hard to come off sometimes in the frozen slush and mud sometimes, had it complete freeze up one day when she was driving frozen from her door panel to the road solid ice. took all night in shop for it to thaw out for next day . ice was black from tire rubbing

(quoted from post at 03:30:06 12/06/19) Have you used a power ratchet before? Just asking before you make the investment.

I've tried several air powered, just never could get the feel for it.

Wasn't so much the hose in the way, it just seemed bulky, and not many places it would get into, smashed my fingers and banged my hands.

Some people swear by them, it is a personal preference.

Yes I have wore out a few dozen are more : )... They are a gift from god... I remember the fist one I ever saw are heard it screamed to beat all get out. It was in the 70's My BIl brought it from snap-on he was line mechanic at the local ford dealer everyone raised ell when he fired it up about the noise a year later everyone in the shop owned one... I doubt you will find very few mechanics that makes his living wrenching with out one...

Yeah I think it?s a mechanics nature to start low. That?s why we reach for the 3/8 impact first. Followed by a loud dammit. Then the 1/2 followed by another dammit etc until the torches come out lol

(quoted from post at 06:31:13 12/09/19) Yeah I think it?s a mechanics nature to start low. That?s why we reach for the 3/8 impact first. Followed by a loud dammit. Then the 1/2 followed by another dammit etc until the torches come out lol

I never thought about it that way.

My impact tools and sockets are organized 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2, 1/4 in front then 3/8 and 1/2 in the back...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back