Minneapolis Moline Manure Spreader

iddakota

I have a Minneapolis Moline manure spreader that I am looking for information about. It is a later spreader as it has the remains of a later style Minne decal on it. It is a tandem axle model, with extensions, and an upper beater. From what I am reading online it maybe a LO 135? Could have been made by Shultz?
This spreader was my Dad's and has not been used since he passed away in 1998. When I turn the PTO shaft by hand the beaters will turn, but the apron does not move. The apron chain is in pretty rough shape and is broke in a couple of places so it is not tight against anything. But the wooden tensioner does appear to be jammed into the apron drive chain.
What I am wondering is; does anyone have any information about these spreaders? Are parts available for them anywhere? Are there very many of them around, were very many made?
Thanks for any information you may have.

Spreaders always have some style of shifter in them, so the floor chain and beater can be controlled separately, as well as be shut off. There may be a neutral, as well as beater only, for start up, likely 2 floor speeds, beater shut off while floor cleans off. Could be rope, lever, or hyd control. MM went out of business decades ago, remains bought out by AGCO.

If nobody else can help,I can try to find the issue of Oliver Heritage or Hart Parr Oliver Collector that covered those. Pretty sure those were made by Oliver,at least they were sold by either Oliver or Moline with different paint and model numbers. I had a smaller single axle Moline that was a model LO something,seems like there as a 20 in it,LO 20 or LO 120,something like that.
a149690.jpg

I think they were made by Schultz. I have a picture of one on my old computer. They were the model LO (100) and the LO-135. I do have some literature on them. Not sure about where parts if any are available. There were quite a few of them around my area. Where are you located? The apron would probably not move much if at all when turned by hand as it is geared way down and would have to be turned over several times to notice movement.

LO 135 Moline spreader was made by Schultz, Oliver was model 280. Check with AGCO if they have any parts availble. I have some NOS Moline parts.I can get you some specs on the spreader. Call me at 715-743-2220.
Buddy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back